Some notable themes/presentations:
- Discussion on changing the name of the conference from Off-Campus, to something that more accurately reflects what we are doing, such as "online," for example. Location of users is no longer as important as the medium of communication with them.
- Embedding library resources and services, as well as librarians, into online course management systems.
- Assessing distance education service delivery- and how to align this to organizational performance.
- Is it a librarian's job to teach writing?
- Personal branding- great workshop where we went through a worksheet and tried to create our own personal brands to promote services and reach distant users.
- Seeking library donors among alumni of distance learning programs.
- Library-led online faculty workshops to help with meeting information literacy objectives
Please feel free to ask me any questions. I am happy to share my notes on these sessions!