The seven partner institutions include the University of Florida, Cornell University, Indiana University, Washington University at St. Louis, The Scripps Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, and Ponce Medical College. They formed teams to conduct research and development on data harvesting, data analysis and visualization, ontology development. There are also user support team and outreach team.
There are many potential use for VIVO:
2. Donor/Funding agency can discover current funded project or search for specialized expertis
3. Student can locate mentor, programs, or showcase own research
4. Administrator can showcase departmental activities, or identify areas of institutional strength
- Institutional Sources: Human resources data, course data or grant management data,
- National data repositories: such as PubMed or grant.gov,
- Publication data sources: citation database such as Scopus.
Another areas of VIVO’s development is in visualization. Some completed work includes Co-Author visualization, VIVO world activity map. There is a detailed development roadmap.
The presentations of this conference are available at http://www.vivoweb.org/conference2010