Monday, April 26, 2010

Computers In Libraries Conference April 12-14th

I recently attended a three conference of Computers in Libraries in Alexandria, VA from April 12-14 2010. I thoroughly enjoyed this well attended conference of over 1000 people from all over the world, mainly the U.S. and Canada. Most of the talks I attended were from the Information Literacy track in addition to all of the keynote speakers. Some main themes included; the need to adopt and adapt to technology, simplify, community sharing, remixing and creation is important. Please feel free to email me if you're interested in my 11+ page document of full notes from the talks rhall@jhu.edu or join us in ELP on Wed May 12th from 12-1 for a brown bag lunch where I'll share my experience in person and will share main ideas learned. Overall, I had a wonderful experience in the talks and met some great people. I highly recommend this conference to anyone who is interested!

Related links: http://www.libconf.com/cil2010-resources/cil2020-on-slideshare-net/ and http://www.libconf.com

Regards,

Renee Hall, Distance Education Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment